Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Join us and cheer for the Special Olympics World Games Half Marathon participants tomorrow starting at 8 am at Alamitos Beach in Long Beach! Jul 31
- Congratulations Andrea on your second Badwater 135 Finish!! We are so proud of you! dbase.adventurecorps.com/individualTd.p… Jul 30
- One Week Until the Final Summer Trail Run: Register Now! conta.cc/1h6c67v fb.me/1Jb9HSVYs Jul 30
- One Week Until the Final Summer Trail Run: Register Now! conta.cc/1h6c67v fb.me/40nQBovKd Jul 30
- You can earn the coolest finisher medal in Southern California this fall if you run the Renegade Holiday Series!... fb.me/23HG3MjaT Jul 29
Catalina Island Triathlon & Duathlon
- When: Saturday, Nov 7, 2015 9:00 AM
- Registration Price: $0.00
- Show Type: Triathlon
- Where: Catalina Island Avalon, CA 90704
Experience Catalina Island
Swim it. Bike it. Run it. Tri it!
Experience the beauty of Catalina Island and the City of Avalon with the perfect end of the season triathlon. Come for the weekend or for the day and experience all that Catalina has to offer.
Swim ½ mile | Bike- 17K | Run- 3.1 miles
Run- 3.1 miles | Bike- 17K | Run- 3.1 miles
Mandatory Course Talk - 8:15AM
Start Time - 9:00AM
|Prices good until||4/30/15||6/30/15||8/31/15||10/19/15||after 10/19/15|
|Sprint Triathlon (Ages 12+)||$80||$90||$100||$110||$120|
|Sprint Relay Tri (Ages 12+)||$100||$110||$120||$130||$140|
|Duathlon (Ages 12+)||$80||$90||$100||$110||$120|
|Duathlon Relay (Ages 12+)||$100||$110||$120||$130||$140|
USAT 1-Day License (Triathlon & Duathlon only)
Triathlon $12 Relay $12/person Youth (17 & under) $10
- Male: Marcel Rinzler 1:05:24 (2013)
- Female: Michelle Genovese 1:21:50 (2014)
Friday, November 6
The Metropole Hotel-- 3:30pm-7:00pm
Saturday, November 7
Wrigley Stage (located at the bottom of Sumner, next to the fountain and the green pier) 7:30AM
Mandatory Course Talk:
There will be a mandatory course talk that all participants MUST attend. NO EXCEPTIONS! With so many athletes competing, we need to make sure every athlete is made aware of safety procedures and protocol out on the course.
- Saturday, November 7, 8:15am
Wrigley Stage (Located at the bottom of Sumner, next to the fountain and the green pier)
Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each division. Awards will also be given to the overall top male, female, and relay team finishers.
14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+. Participants may choose to race by weight class. Males must weigh 220 pounds or more (Clydesdale) and females must weigh 165 pounds or more (Athena) in order to compete in the weight classes.
Male, Female, Co-Ed
Traveling to Catalina Island
Runners may travel to Catalina via the Catalina Express or by a Catalina helicopter service. With up to 30 trips a day, the Catalina Express offers year round service to Catalina Island from ports at San Pedro, Long Beach, and Dana Point.
If you are bringing a bike over with you on the Catalina Express, you will need to make a reservation for your bike too! Please make your reservations ahead of time, as there is limited space on the boat.
For more information please visit the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau
Deals for participants
Catalina Boat House Hotel
Hermosa Hotel & Cottages
20% off a 2-night stay the weekend of the Triathlon (Nov 6-8)
|For a more complete listing of island hotels, activities, restaurants and tours visit the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce. Catalina is a terrific destination and a great time for the runner and your family, so take the time to ride along on a tour, learn more about the famous Casino, visit a few restaurants and otherwise soak in all that the island has to offer.|
|Island Express Helicopters: 10% off flights Long Beach-Catalina Island for athletes & their friends and family.|
|Catalina Sea Spa: $15 off any service for anyone involved with the Triathlon.|
For Shuttle Service to/from the Catalina Terminals – Please call 1-888-995-7433.
For information regarding roundtrip s huttle service and roundtrip boat transportation packages please click here or call Karmel Shuttle toll free at 1-888-995-7433.
Check out the great deals specifically for our triathlon participants!
- Visit CatalinaChamber.com/triathlon
- Hotel Villa Portofino Catalina Island Triathlon Special Offer
- Catalina Island Vacation Rentals
Interested in sponsoring Catalina Island Triathlon?
- Click here to download our Sponsorship Packages Form and Information
- Click here to download Vendor Expo & Goodie Bag Form and Information
- March 15, 2015 NEW Management for the Catalina Island Triathlon. In partnership with the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce and Spectrum Sports Management Renegade Racing will be the new race management company for the Catalina Island Triathlon.
- April 10, 2015 Registration Opens NEW THIS YEAR, Renegade Racing introduces a Duathlon (run-bike-run) option and a 5K Run to the event.