Volunteers are an integral part of every event. Join our volunteer team and have fun, meet great people and give back to the community! Volunteers receive community service credit, a cool volunteer t-shirt, and the satisfaction of helping thousands of athletes reach their goals! Please see our list of events below that we are currently recruiting volunteers for and contact the corresponding volunteer coordinator listed for each event. We look forward to seeing you at our next event
We are looking for over 400 volunteers to help at the 19th annual City of Laguna Hills Memorial Day Half Marathon, 5k, and 10K, Honoring the United States Marine Corps Dark Horse Battalion and South County Outreach! Please check out our volunteer opportunities below for race day on Monday, May 29th.
Monday, May 29, 2017, Race day (400+ volunteers needed)
@ Laguna Hills Community Center (25555 Alicia Parkway, Laguna Hills), Laguna Hills Mall, and multiple locations along the course!
Saturday and Sunday, May 27-28, 2017 (17 volunteers needed each day)
Pre-race Packet Pick Up @ Road Runner Sports (Oakbrook Village Center), 24291 Avenida De La Carlota #5, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Register: To view and register for a volunteer assignment, click here
Groups of 10+ : feel free to create a volunteer group, pick your assignment, and have your members register under your group name.
· To create a volunteer group, click here
· To join an *existing group, click here
*you must have the group password from your group leader in order to join a group
IMPORTANT: Group members that register to volunteer are committing to showing up at the event. If 5 or more volunteers from a group do not show up (or they are not replaced), the group will not be allowed to participate in future events. We rely on the help of volunteers to make these events safe and running smoothly.
For groups of 10+, feel free to create a volunteer group, pick your assignment, and have your members register under your group name. You can also just direct volunteers to sign up individually above and comment they are with your group.
1) Create a group by clicking on the appropriate link above. You will be able to choose a group name (Ex: El Monte Red Cross), group password, and an assignment.
2) Pass on the join the group link and password to your members so they can register in your group. It is recommended to choose an assignment and advise your group members to sign up ASAP in order for everyone to stay together. We are not able to hold spots for group members. Each group member will need to register themselves in order to sign the waiver, list their t-shirt size, and receive important updates for their assignment.
3) Group leaders will also need to register themselves under their group.
We are looking for volunteers to help at our Summer Trail Series events Thursday evenings on the following dates:
Location: Cedar Grove Park in Tustin
Time: Volunteer shifts vary from 4:30/5pm - 8:30/9pm
Assignments: Registration/T-shirts, Kids Run, Course monitors, water stations, and BBQ servers
Join us for a fun night of community and BBQ! All volunteers receive community service credit, an event t- shirt and free bbq! The Renegade Summer Trail Run Series benefits WeROCK (We Run Orange County’s Kids), a non-profit organization that provides after-school intervention programs for the Middle and High School students of Orange County. By delivering education and proper training for the completion of a 26.2 mile marathon, We ROCK teaches our community’s teenagers the important life skills of goal setting, self-reliance, discipline and self-confidence. To find out more about WeROCK or to join, visit www.WeRunOCKids.org
Invite your friends and family!